Solar Renewable Energy Credits SRECS
- SRECs are production subsidies paid to you even if you use the electricity yourself.
- SRECs represent the “green” attributes of the renewable generation source.
- Utilities are required to purchase SRECs every year.
- Small-scale project owners will work with SREC aggregators or brokers to sell SRECs to utilities.
- Projects are eligible to sell SRECs for 10 years.
- SRECs have a minimum $285/SREC auction price to start which declines to $189 in ten years..
- Monthly production reported to MassCEC’s Production Tracking System (PTS).